Custom Search
Review Shadow's Far-Out Corner of the Web at Blogging Fusion Blog Directory

Monday, June 23, 2008

George Carlin, we'll miss you.

I was planning on writing a rant and a fake news story, to catch up since I've been away from my blog for a few days. But, when I was surfing one of my favourite blogs (Letters Home), I found something that just made my stomach turn... so, this little tribute here will be taking the space of those two posts.

George Carlin, world's greatest comedian, passed away Sunday, June 22nd from heart failure.


I've never been 'touched' by the death of a celebrity, but you can bloody well gaurantee I shed tears upon reading those words. George Carlin always has been, and always will be, my biggest inspiration for humour writing.


I can't think of anything I could say to pay proper tribute to the funniest man who once lived. So, I will leave you with his ramblings on the subject of death - a little hard to watch right now, but most certainly appropriate. Thank you to "boyhowdypro", who uploaded this on YouTube.

2 comments:

ian in hamburg said...

Over the summer I'll be re-reading the two books of his I own: Brain Droppings and Napalm and Silly Putty.

Thanks for the mention - you made my day! :-)

Da Old Man said...

Great clip. I see you caught up with all the postings you owed. :)