Custom Search
Review Shadow's Far-Out Corner of the Web at Blogging Fusion Blog Directory

Friday, June 27, 2008

Free 'n' Easy - uTorrent

I, like many others, never understood the whole "bittorrent" thing. I was told, many times, how bittorrents are much safer than downloading programs, such as Kazaa or LimeWire, but whenever I tried to find out more, I just walked away frustrated and confused.

Then, I found uTorrent.

uTorrent is great for anyone who is familiar with the likes of LimeWire, or other P2P file sharing applications. You simply download uTorrent from their website (no registration or payment required), install it, and you're ready to go.

So, how do you download bittorrents now that you've got uTorrent?

Simple. Run a search on roughly any search engine for the file you're looking for, plus "bittorrent". For example, if I wanted to download something by Stevie Nicks, I would go to Google and type in "Stevie Nicks bittorrent"... and end up with something like this:
Or, an even easier way, if you want to take my word for it, would be to visit MiniNova, which is somewhat like a Google for bittorrents. The same search I did in Google, shows up like this in MiniNova:
Once you find the file you're looking for, click it... like this:Then... choose your folder (top yellow circle), and click "OK":Voila, you're finished (well, you've got to wait for your files to download, but that's it)
Have fun downloading... and, if anyone asks, I told ya not to download anything illegal.

5 comments:

dave said...

that is exactly what bit torrent is. u just download from the internet instead of a program.

~*~Shadow.Crystal~*~ said...

Yeah, I can't believe how long it took me to figure it out. Man, I should be taken out and shot when it comes to my techy knowledge.

ngjaniola said...

Hi..hopping here on a weekend..Nice post...I am using limewire for now but, hmm...maybe i can try this one too..

Have a great weekend!

coolingstar9 said...

Hi,
This is new to me, I need to study it, thanks for the information.
Have a wonderful life, see you again, my Bc friend.

dave said...

limewire is nowhere near as safe as torrents. i have been dwnldin torrents for years and never got a virus.