Custom Search
Review Shadow's Far-Out Corner of the Web at Blogging Fusion Blog Directory

Monday, June 23, 2008

Cooking by Numbers? Right on... or is it?

I am a big fan of StumbleUpon (which I will review sometime in the near future). So, one day while I was happily stumbling along, I StumbledUpon this:

Yep... you read it right: Cooking by Numbers. I thought "if this works, this has to be one of the coolest websites ever!"

And... it works! Somewhat...

The idea is that you click on the boxes beside the food items you have in your cupboards or refrigerator. For my first try, I clicked "apples, mushrooms, onions, milk, herbs & spices, and rice. It then gave me a list of recipes, as well as the number of ingredients I needed (by telling me what percentage I already had). The results I was given were:So... as you can see, it's a bit generalised... plus... if, like me, you're a vegetarian... there are a number of items you have to scroll through.

I then narrowed it down to simply "onions" and "chocolate", just to see what would come up:Right...

So... I still think this is a fairly cool page (if you're bored as hell), but I wouldn't use it to prepare dinner.

No comments: