Custom Search
Review Shadow's Far-Out Corner of the Web at Blogging Fusion Blog Directory

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Can't the World just Go Away for Awhile?

I'm not a huge fan of holidays... not sure why, maybe it's some weird family tradition. It always seems holidays make life at our house extremely hectic. This weekend, of course, happens to be a kind of holiday... Canada Day is coming up on Tuesday, so this is basically the holiday weekend - if only because I don't start working until Wednesday.

Between house cleaning and running around and what not, I haven't really had much time to sit down and think, let alone write... which is driving me around the bend. We all need "me" time, just, some people need a bit more than others; some people are borderline hermits, and I just happen to be one of those people.

Also, I just finished the best book I read in a little awhile, which leaves me feeling like I've died a little inside. To me, finishing a great book is akin to bidding an old friend aideu... as though you somehow wish the novel would continue, following the protagonist through their entire life. The book I just finished is "American Gods", by Neil Gaiman. Aside from the rather whimsical nicknames assigned to many of the characters (the main character is actually called Shadow. I mean, who would call themselves 'Shadow'?), this novel kept me on the edge of my seat (to use a tired cliché), giving serious thought to anicent religions and mythologies we've, long ago, abandoned.

I'm reading another book right now, "The Alphabet Versus the Goddess", by Leonard Shlain, and it's a great book with some interesting arguments about the effects of written word, but it is not (nor is it meant to be) entertaining, in any way.

And, after writing the last four paragraphs, I still feel brain-dead. In fact, I'm more than certain I'll forget just about every word I wrote by the time I exit this page. But, I've got good news:

Shadow's Far-Out Corner of the Web has been accepted at Humor-Blogs.com!

So, every time you (the reader) clicks the link for Humor-Blogs.com on my blog, you will be casting a vote for my blog. If you like my blog, I'd like to see the love.
So, please visit www.humor-blogs.com

(and yeah, I just had to re-type "humour" each time I wrote it... I think I'm going to have to learn to 'type American')

6 comments:

G. said...

Hey I feel the same way when I read a really good book... I kinda feel sad when it's over xD

Da Old Man said...

Congratulations on getting accepted. I have looked arounf the site and have no idea how it works. I'd like to know how to vote to get you and some other friends with blogs I really like moved up.

Oh, and Happy Canada Day, even if you don't celebrate. It's still good. Next year, you'll get paid to chill. That's a good thing.

dave said...

i also despise holidays it seems pointless to me.

Da Old Man said...

Good luck in your first day at the new job tomorrow.

~*~Shadow.Crystal~*~ said...

Thanks a bunch, Old Man. And, I am celebrating Canada Day anyway :-P

As for how humour blogs works... you add the link to each post... every time someone clicks the link from your site, your ranking goes up a bit.

Anonymous said...

I am sure this post has touched all the internet users, its really really nice piece of writing on building up
new blog.

Feel free to surf to my weblog cccam card share