Custom Search
Review Shadow's Far-Out Corner of the Web at Blogging Fusion Blog Directory

Monday, June 23, 2008

Banishing Boxes and Books

The pile of boxes you see above is one of the biggest things that was taking over my bedroom floor. Keep in mind, each box was full (of junk)... three boxes I didn't bother photographing, since they're filled with childrens books and staying in my room for roughly another week (I am donating the books to my new employer and I don't start until next week).

I was rather amused when I found an old cigarette package in these boxes... since it's been nearly 5 months since I've quit smoking. I miss my "sexy smoker" pose (as if there's anything sexy about smoking).

I was further amused when I found this:

... a bottle of echinacea pills. I don't remember when I bought them, but I'm guessing it would have been some time in 2003 or 2004. Sadly, most of the pills were still in the bottle (I hate waste and actually debated with myself about whether or not they'd still be 'okay', before deciding to throw them out).

So, I found a bunch of weird and wonderful stuff... mostly more knick-knacks, which makes next week's work load a lot heavier, but I also freed a ton of floor-space by getting rid of all these boxes. And, as you can see below, my books are finally in their proper homes (a lot of my books got displaced since I ended up sacrificing most of my bookshelf for childrens books when I used to work in childcare).
(Forgive the sloppy clone-job done on the bottom row of books - there was a basket in front of the shelf)(There is more to this bookshelf, but I had to crop the picture so I don't "give away" what's happening with the rest of my room... don't want to ruin any 'surpirses' :-P
Also, yes, a couple of those books are distorted... they're yearbooks, and I didn't feel like sharing the name of my high schools)

So, there you have it: my space is over halfway finished. Check back next week, we will be knocking out knick-knacks!

1 comment:

Sildenafil Citrate said...

Well I love books but I don't take care of them at all. Besides, I never know where the hell they are... sometimes I can't found them for homework!