Custom Search
Review Shadow's Far-Out Corner of the Web at Blogging Fusion Blog Directory

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Come into my bedroom...

If there's one thing many of us have that we do NOT need, it's an abundance of junk. Being a pack-rat, I've definitely an abundance of junk. So, since I'm not likely to get picked for some show where they come in and tidy up your entire home (alas, my space is only messy - not dirty like the spaces picked up on those shows), and since I don't have the money to hire a maid, I've decided to de-clutter.

I'm a poor, starving university student... so, I live at home in a room that's half entertaining area, half bedroom. Unfortunately, I would be completely ashamed to have a friend wander into my "entertaining area". I'm an incredibly organised person and a complete 'neat-freak', so I'm really not sure how I let so much junk pile up - but I resolve to eliminate it... and when I resolve to do something, I do it.

So, over the next 8 weeks, I will be opening the doors to my bedroom and letting you, the reader, take a look at my progress (through pictures). To start, this week I leave you with the "before" pictures... which are extremely embarrassing for me to post. Next week, we jump right into "part 1"... and the fun starts.

(The Collage of Shame)

Hopeless? Not quite! Check back next week when I junk my collection of jewellery.

Weekly Breakdown
  • Junking Junk Jewellery
  • Sorting a Sinful Selection of Shoes
  • Cutting Clothing Clutter
  • Knocking out Knick-Knacks
  • Banishing boxes and books
  • Vanishing Videos, Clearing CD's & Displaced DVDs
  • What to do when it just won't Work
  • Fabulously Finished

6 comments:

Da Old Man said...

It's not that bad. It's only one room. My home is like a TV makeover show in waiting.

John Painz said...

I wish I would have taken photos of my old apartment. You'd have said "my place looks gooooooooooood." - J

dave said...

my old room was like that too, i got it cleaned took a day or so

Nicole said...

It's not too bad. I would be too embarrassed to even think of putting my house on here--it is way too messy and full of clutter. I am a huge pack rat =)

Ivy said...

Ha! I'm a neat freak too. I would LOVE to clean your room for you. I can't wait to see the next installment, I don't know why, but it's fun to look inside other ppl's houses :P

Majestic said...

Hey, thanks for checking out my blog. I like to do a lot of really different things! I have a personal site that I have been working on if you want to check it out at http://www.wouldbeme.com - not finished yet, but I do have some more new fun ideas coming soon I hope. You have some REALLY fun write ups on your blog. Keep going, and best of luck with the schooling. Took me ten years and full time work the entire time to finish mine degree! Take it from me.....do it while you're still young enough to breathe afterwards!!! ha I have a link to a page where I am offering to help people get organized if you need any tips let me know. I am traveling in Europe right now, and have about that much space between the two of us!!! Fun huh! The rest of my life is back home in North America in a metal room (storage unit). hahaha.....my home away from homw I guess!!! My organizing strong points are in the office if you ever need any tips just let me know!!!! I'll see if I can help. Majestic